Everything we do is designed for your individual care
- No charge, comprehensive diagnostic audiological evaluations and hearing tests for adults
- Video otoscopy for detailed viewing of your ear canal
- Computerized hearing aid analysis
- Full line of hearing aids, specializing in digital hearing aid technology
- Assistive listening devices
- Follow-up fine-tuning visit to ensure maximum benefits
- 90-Day evaluation/satisfaction period
- FREE Premium batteries for the first two years
- Custom ear molds for hearing aids, iPods, and MP3s
- Water protection earplugs
- Noise protection for musicians, industrial workers and sportsmen
- No co-payment for office visits
- Hearing aid repair services for all makes
- Hearing aid cleaning services
- Routine maintenance and adjustments
- Hearing-aid adaptation counseling
STARKEY WORRY-FREE WARRANTY!
LOSS AND DAMAGE INSURANCE INCLUDED ON ALL INSTRUMENTS!
Complete hearing testing for ages four to adult provided by a certified clinical audiologist. Evaluations include measures of hearing sensitivity for air and bone conducted sounds, measures of speech discrimination ability and, when necessary, assessment of the middle ear function (impedance audiometry), and special testing to determine the location of dysfunction.
Balance & Dizziness: Vestibular Rehabilitation
Balance and Dizziness: ENG (electronystagmography) The inner ear is responsible for both hearing and balance. Electronystagmography (that's why we call it ENG - it's shorter) is a battery of tests designed to evaluate part of the inner ear balance system, as well as more "central" components that work together to keep you on an even keel.
The physician's evaluation of the dizzy patient often requires assessment of the vestibular system. Electronystagmography testing is electrical recording of eye movements caused by positional or caloric stimulation of the inner ear balance structures. The test battery will identify the presence of dizziness or imbalance due to unequal neural messages to the vestibular system.
Istre Hearing Care also has a full service balance lab on site. Click here to learn more.
Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potentials
ABR-Diagnostic Auditory brainstem response (ABR) is a diagnostic test which is similar to an elctroencephalogram (EEG). This procedure involves the use of clicking sounds to stimulate the auditory nerve, which produces an electical response. Electrodes placed on the patient's face and ears pick up the electical activity of the nerve, and a computer displays the results for the audiologist to interpret. Also known as BERA, BAER.
Hearing Aid Sales & Service
Istre Hearing Care Center offers a wide variety of hearing instruments featuring the latest technology. Our staff emphasizes ongoing cleaning and maintenance after your hearing aid purchase to insure your receive optimum performance and benefit from your hearing aids. Repairs are provided on all makes and models with loaner hearing aids available when necessary.
Comprehensive technological diagnostic advances permits audiologists to render findings relative to a hearing disorderr in which the inner ear or auditory nerve is not able to produce a synchronous response to incoming sound. The AN/AD( auditory neuropathy/auditory dys-synchrony) disorder can be investigated by ABR audiometry, otoacoustic emissions as one contemporary protocol procedure. If necessary it can be done under sedation. Infants who fail the ABR screening procedure in the nursery are possible candidates for the dual assessment.